When You Can Enroll
How to Enroll for Benefits
Using InfoCentral Kiosks to Access the Benefits Enrollment Website
When You Can Enroll
Employees who are eligible for the BeneFlex or BasicCare programs may make plan selections either upon initial plan eligibility or during the annual open enrollment periods (typically held in October/November).
Only under few circumstances are employees allowed to change their enrollment in the middle of the year. Please note: Employees who experience a Qualifying Event in the middle of the year are only allowed to make changes that reflect their status change. For example, employees can modify their coverage levels (ex., add/remove dependents to existing coverage or drop coverage altogether), but they cannot change medical plans (ex., from an HMO to PPO) until the following Open Enrollment period. For further details, please see your Benefits Enrollment Guide or click here to access Frequently Asked Questions.
To enroll for benefits, employees must use the Benefits Enrollment Website at http://nyumc.benefitcenter.com.*
* Browser requirements: You must use Internet Explorer
version 4.0 or later or Netscape Navigator 4.7 or later to
view all of the information contained on this site.
Please note that using Netscape version 6.0 or greater is not
recommended for this site, nor are AOL or Prodigy browsers.
For instructions on how to use this website, please download the Benefits Enrollment via the Web brochure. (Adobe Acrobat Reader is required.)
Before logging in to the Benefits Enrollment Website, please have your enrollment worksheet completed with your plan selections and dependent information ready to be entered. If the online enrollment session remains idle for too long, it automatically logs out and you may lose the elections/changes made during that session.
|Using InfoCentral Kiosks to Access the Benefits Enrollment Website
||Back to top
Employees who do not have easy access to the Internet can access the Benefits Enrollment Website from InfoCentral kiosks that are located throughout the Medical Center at 550 First Avenue. From these PC stations, employees can also check email and other selected websites.
InfoCentral kiosks are located at:
- TISCH/SKIRBALL - Hallway near telephone bank, near the admitting area
- RUSK - Near payphones, near the 34th Street entrance
- MSB - Student Cafeteria
- MSB - Outside Sackler Lounge, near the ATM machine
- SKIRBALL - Lobby, near employee entrance
- HCC - 1st Floor, payphone enclosure
Your enrollment/change selection(s) will not be complete until you submit the forms required of your enrollment selections. You must submit completed forms to Benefits Services if you:
In addition, all employees are required to submit:
- Enroll / Make changes in the HMO/DHMO plans (Aetna, Empire BlueChoice, HIP, or CIGNA). Enrollment forms must be submitted.
- Waive medical coverage. A "Medical/Prescription Coverage Waiver Form" must be submitted.
To download the necessary forms and access other printed resources, please click here. All completed forms must be submitted to the Benefits Services Department.
- Beneficiary Designation Form for your life insurance coverage;
- Documentation of dependent relationships if you are enrolling eligible dependents. For details about acceptable documentation, please click here.
If you have problems accessing the Benefits Enrollment Website or have questions about the benefits enrollment process, please call Benefits Services at (212) 404-3787.